I’ve been good for so long. My shopping hiatus came to a halt on Black Friday (the American Boxing Day). This dress is from Modcloth.com, a retro and vintage clothing shop. For $30 including tax and shipping, this dress is cheap chic!
Maybe I’ll wear it to my holiday party at work where I’ll be in two acts in the talent show (one piano/saxophone duet with the company founder, and one dance/song number with my department). Or, maybe, I’ll wear it to my sister’s wedding!
Now, back to my regular shopping hiatus.
My Twitter profile tells you that I’m a hoodie and jeans girl. It’s true, and no one gets it as much as those who know me the most. Take Pia, Middy and Kerby, my best friends, who got me a dressy version of my “uniform” for my birthday! I can do dressy; afterall, I’m in Toronto now.
Billabong assymetrical jacket with hood from Middy and Pia
Perfect for layering under a winter jacket, or layering over a simple tank.
Club Monaco sparkly gold belt from Kerby
Perfect for that extra bling and creating that cinched waist look.
Thank you, girls!
They were easy to spot with their sometimes bright colours, extra puffy but smooth shell and the signature patch on the upper arm.
When Cy moved to Toronto, I thought that a Canada Goose jacket would be the perfect welcome-to-Toronto gift. Or, you can call it a welcome-to-real-winters-this-isn’t-Vancouver jacket.
So, what should you look for? Here is my guide on how to buy a Canada Goose jacket:
- Go to a Sporting Life, they have the best selection of Canada Goose jackets.
- Skip the bomber-style jackets. They are too short, so go for the jackets that at least to your hip. Trust me, your body will thank you when the miserable wind in the minus 20-something degree weather hits you like a bomb of freeze.
- Give up on other brands when even when you balk at the price tag dangling off a Canada Goose jacket. Yes, it’s expensive for a good reason. Just squish it, and compare it to another brand. It’s not a scientific approach, but you will notice a difference in fill quality and fill distribution.
- Pick a cool colour, and luckily they have a good selection – reds, blues, grays, beiges etc.
- Take a look at the coyote-rimmed hood, find one that has cool ‘ears’.
Cy ended up getting a gray Chateau jacket. And, you can’t tell in the picture, but he was sweating bullets for that minute while I took my Instagram picture.
Keep hot and warm, peace.