You have to be picky about cake because not every cake can do. Some people call me too picky, but that’s only because cake is important to me. I love cake. What do I look for?
- Fresh cake whether it be chiffon, pound, mousse or cheese. It can’t be stale and/or crumbly.
- Fresh ingredients that pop.
- Flavours that pleasure your palette without overwhelming it with noise and strange aftertastes.
- Icing that is flavourful, not too much, not too thick and not too sweet.
- Originality of the presentation isn’t at the top of the list but it helps especially if it’s for a special occasion.
If you are looking for a cake that covers the basics, I have a recommendation that would pleasantly surprise you.
Last month, we have had this cake for our brother-in-law’s birthday and then my own birthday. The testimonials for this cake have been overwhelmingly positive:
“Where did you get this cake? It’s amazing.” – Beth
“This cake is GROSS! Just kidding.” – Andrea
“This is my favourite cake now.” – Marcus