A Bacon Truffle for ChristmasPosted: December 24, 2011 Filed under: Event, Food | Tags: Bacon, Christmas, Food Leave a comment
We made bacon pops without the lollipop sticks aka Bacon Bombs aka Bacon Truffles for Telisha’s Xcellent Xmas Xtravaganza party.
Party go-ers said that they were really good and full of that bacon flavour.
The recipe for your holiday enjoyment:
- 4 ounces of goat cheese
- 4 ounces of cream cheese (brick form, not whipped)
– Mix these this together until smooth with a spoon each of dried basil and black pepper. Then, roll the ‘truffle’ into a big jawbreaker-sized ball and place onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Freeze for 5 minutes to firm up the ‘truffle’ balls.
- 1 package of bacon finely chopped (bake in oven for 20 minutes)
- finely chopped pecans
- spoonful each of basil and pepper
– Roll the ‘truffle’ into the above mixture of dry ingredients. Then, eat.
Recipe modified from thekitchn.com